I’m Caitie McCaffrey
Distributed Systems Diva & Backend Brat.
I’m a Backend Brat and Distributed Systems Diva at Twitter. Prior to that I built large scale services and systems that power the entertainment industry at 343 Industries, Microsoft Game Studios, and HBO. While at 343 Industries I partnered with the eXtreme Computing Group in Microsoft Research to productionize Orleans as part of my work rewriting the Halo Services. I have credits on several video games including Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5. I also have a B.S. in Computer Science from Cornell University.
In addition I’m a Novice Yogini, Crossfit Rookie, and Photographer in my non-coding hours.
I discuss similar themes with less characters on Twitter
All content and opinions are my own.
- Distributed Programming in Argus [PWL SF 2017]
- A Brief History of Distributed Programming: RPC [CodeMesh 2016]
- Detection of Mutual Inconsistency in Distributed Systems [PWL PDX 2016]
- Tackling Alert Fatigue [Monitorama 2016]
- So We Hear You Like Papers 2 [Velocity Santa Clara 2016 Keynote]
- Simple Testing Can Prevent Most Critical Failures [PWL NY 2016]
- The Verification of a Distributed System [QCon New York 2016]
- So We Hear You Like Papers [QConSF 2015 Keynote]
- On the Order of Billions: Building Observability at Twitter [Twitter Flight 2015]
- Building Scalable Stateful Services [StrangeLoop 2015]
- Applying the Saga Pattern [GOTO Chicago 2015]
- Building the Halo 4 Services with Orleans [Qcon London 2015]
- Architecting and Launching the Halo 4 Services [SRE Con 15 Keynote]
- Orleans: Virtual Actors for Programmability & Scalability [PWL SF 2015]
- Patterns & Best Practices for Moving From RDBMS to Azure Storage [DotNetConf 2013]
- Systems We Love 2016
- Data & Distributed Systems Track: Goto Chicago 2016
- PaPoc 2016
- Taming Distributed Architectures: Qcon SF 2015
Interviews & Podcasts
- InfoQ Podcast: Caitie McCaffrey on Engineering Effectiveness and Verifying Distributed Systems
- Techies Project
- Software Engineering Daily: Taming Distributed Architectures
- InfoQ: Scaling the Halo 4 Services, the Orleans Actor Framework
- Popforms: Leader of the Week Interview
- Hanselminutes Podcast: Halo 4 Services in Azure
- Channel 9: How Halo 4 is Using Windows Azure Service Bus